Search

Extended-Tour Army Men To Be Released by July

Jan. 26, 1962 - Secretary of the Army Elvis J. Stahr Jr. (pictured far right) told Congress today that regular Army men whose duty tours had been involuntarily extended as part of the build-up in the Berlin crisis would be released by July 31. Mr. Stahr gave no indication of the release date for the Reservists and National Guard men who have been called to active duty. Some sources said August was a target. The Pentagon said 84,000 enlisted men had had their duty tours extended for periods up to four months beginning last October. The first of the involuntarily held enlisted men will be out by the end of this month and the last of them by the end of June.

#Podcast #podcasts #podcasting #podcaster #podcasters #podcastlife #podcastshow #podcastlove #podcastaddict #podcasthost #history #historylover #historybuff #historychannel #HistoryLesson #ColdWar #ColdWarHistory #coldwarbook #coldwarbooks #coldwarera #coldwarrior #JFK #communism #1960s #military #army