top of page
Search

U.S. Says “All Known” Offensive Missile Bases in Cuba Dismantled

Nov. 8, 1962 - The U.S. announced today that “all known” offensive-missile bases in Cuba had been dismantled. A statement issued by the Defense Department said the Government had photographic evidence that “significant” items of equipment from the bases had been moved to port areas, that a “substantial” number of missiles had been loaded onto several Soviet cargo vessels, and that some of these vessels had already left Cuban ports. Additional confirmation that missile equipment is being removed from Cuba will become available within 24 hours, the department said, when Navy ships conduct “close alongside observation” of outbound Soviet ships. By agreement, the statement added, the Soviet vessels “will cooperate in this procedure.”

Comentários


bottom of page