top of page

French Film Star Bella Darvi Overdoses on Barbiturates in Monte Carlo

Aug. 16, 1962 - Bella Darvi (pictured), the French motion picture actress, was found unconscious before dawn today in her hotel room in Monte Carlo and rushed to a hospital in serious condition. The police said Miss Darvi had taken an overdose of barbiturates. A hospital spokesman said she regained consciousness four hours after being admitted. Friends said she had angrily walked out of a club just before midnight after quarreling with several other patrons.


bottom of page